It’s been a while since I posted a blog here, sorry for the delay I’ve been really busy. >_<
So this time I’m going to be talking about the pro and cons of being in the Kpop-industry. It might seem like being famous and part of a music group is extravagant, but in reality it really isn’t. There are both the good and the bad side.
- Finally debuting and experiencing the K-Pop journey.
- Traveling around the world to promote your music.
- Having international fans and the largest dedicated fanbase.(fangirls/fanboys)
- Being in a K-Pop group, more opportunities arise (Acting, Commercials, MC etc.)
- Make more friends with other group members who have similar background/experiences as them.
- learning new languages to interact with your fans or to promote music. K-Pop stars mostly learn Japanese, Mandarin, English etc.
- Can write and produce their own songs with the help of the music company.
- Get millions of amount of views internationally for their music videos on YouTube.
- Change their looks for every new concept for their music. (Comebacks)
- High number of sales on iTunes and through distributions of CD’s.
- Extreme and Obsessive fans (Saesangs) who’ll do whatever it takes to get closer to the K-Pop singer.
- Controlling company. Have to abide by their strict rules. Ex: no dating so they can focus on their music career.
- long term contracts AKA Slave contracts (5-10 yrs) with in the current company label.
- Competitive market of music industry.
- The pay- might get less money then anticipated, depends on what company they are in.
- Health issues- overworking yourself, staying in the perfect body shape (diet issues)
- Can’t leave the building/dorms without managers permission.
- Plastic surgery especially among young females Ex: Double eyelid surgery, jaw surgery etc.
- Hungry for more fame, wants to be more well known.
- Having a lot of pressure from a young age. (12-18)
These are the top ten pros and cons about K-pop. I tried my best to list out everything I know. It takes a lot to be a singer, it’s not a easy task to do. They’re both advantages and disadvantage of being a singer. Korean singers have to struggle a lot to be a successful artist in the K-Pop industry.